- Getting Started
- Event Schedule & Results
- Register or Volunteer
- School League (WIOL)
- Winter Orienteering Series
- Ultimate Orienteer Series
- Wednesday Evening Series
- Choose Your Adventure Series
- The Bog Slog!
- Contacts & Club Info
- Log in
Welcome to the Cascade Orienteering Club, the largest and most active orienteering club in Washington. Based in Seattle, we host events year-round, primarily in the Puget Sound region.
Orienteering is oftentimes called "the thinking sport" or "the sport of a lifetime", and once you come out to one of our events, you'll understand why. Not only will you enjoy the physical challenge of exploring nature, but you'll enjoy the mental exercise of efficiently navigating to a series of checkpoints with a detailed map. Our events cater to outdoor enthusiasts of all ages and abilities, from schoolchildren to seniors, from beginners to world-class orienteers.
Cascade offers a wide range of events throughout the year: short courses in city parks, urban courses in city neighborhoods, adventure races, and national-level A-Meets that draw attendance from all over North America.
Whether you're a fresh-faced beginner or a seasoned veteran visiting the Seattle area, here's how you can get started:
- Read our quick 10-step guide before your first meet so you'll know what to expect.
- Learn about our club's offerings, such as the Winter Orienteering Series, the Washington Interscholastic Orienteering League (WIOL), the Ultimate Orienteer Series, the Wednesday Evening Series, and the Choose Your Adventure Series.
- Locate our event venues.
- Explore our permanent orienteering courses whenever you like.
- Get simple training tips to improve your navigational ability.
- Learn about the most useful equipment for orienteering.
- Find answers to our most frequently-asked questions.
- Understand orienteering's impact on the environment.